top of page

Discussions about Episodes and history information.

Public·1593 members
LS
Longman Nss Mathematics In Action M2 Vol2 Solution.rar

My MentorScrubs : Season 1 Episode 2

LINK https://urlin.us/2tlk7d

"My Mentor" is the second episode of Scrubs' first season. Elliot and Carla fight over Elliot telling Dr. Kelso about Carla's mistakes. Turk tries to get a date with Carla. J.D. attempts to get Will Forte to stop smoking.

J.D. gets a patient who smokes, Will Forte, who is in for a cancer screening. After talking to him, J.D. goes to the cafeteria, where Turk tells him that he is interested in Carla. As the episode progresses, it is revealed that Will doesn't have cancer. Undeterred, J.D. tries to persuade Will to stop smoking. He thinks that he has been successful and gladly tells Dr. Cox, but then the two of them see Will and the Janitor smoking together. When J.D. then asks Dr. Cox for help with his patient, Dr. Cox refuses.

Christopher Duncan Turk, M.D., commonly referred to by his last name "Turk"[1][2] is a fictional character in the American comedy-drama Scrubs, played by Donald Faison. Turk appeared in every episode of the series except three season 8 episodes, "My Saving Grace", "My New Role" and "My Lawyer's in Love". Faison is the only original cast member, besides John C. McGinley, that returned for season 9 as a regular cast member.

Commonly known by his surname, "Turk" is the best friend and former roommate of the series' protagonist, J.D. (Zach Braff). Turk was J.D.'s roommate at the College of William and Mary and at medical school, and the two have an extremely close relationship, which is best described as "guy love" in the season 6 episode "My Musical".[3] J.D. claims that Turk's middle name, Duncan, was chosen due to his father's love of doughnuts.

Starting in season 1 as a surgical intern, he works his way up to attending surgeon (season 5) and later the chief of surgery (seasons 8 and 9) at Sacred Heart Hospital, where the series takes place. In season 1, he begins dating Carla Espinosa (Judy Reyes), the Head Nurse; at the end of season 3, they get married. He and Carla have an infant daughter, Isabella ("Izzy"), as well as another daughter mentioned in season 8 and 9.

Turk is an extroverted, competitive "alpha male". He says that his competitive nature drove him to "play everything" in high school, and also cites it as the main reason that he became a surgeon. At one point, he also says "winning is more important than friendship. My Gram-Gram taught me that".[4] It also accounts for his antagonistic relationship with Chief Attending Physician Dr. Perry Cox (John C. McGinley); in season 1, they compete for Carla's affections, and consistently insult and annoy each other throughout the series. At this point, Faison had hoped Dr. Cox would succeed, so he could act in multiple relationships.[5] In a season 6 episode, they fight a battle of wits over a hypochondriac patient (Richard Kind). Turk eventually tricks Cox into losing, eliciting Cox's grudging respect.[6]

Carla catches Turk's eye immediately, although she is reluctant to go out with him at first because of his arrogance, purely physical attraction to her, and his god complex.[11] He impresses her by telling her that she should give Elliot Reid (Sarah Chalke), with whom she does not get along, a break; she agrees to a date with him, and they soon become a serious item.[11] In season two, they get engaged after Carla initially rejects his proposal.[13] They then spend the whole of season 3 planning their wedding, which happens, albeit with a few problems, in the season finale.[8]

During season 4, the two experience some marital trouble; they briefly separate when Carla finds out that Turk is maintaining a friendship with an ex-girlfriend without telling her that he is married.[14] The situation is worsened when Carla and J.D. share a "friend kiss" after getting drunk together.[15] Eventually, the two fix their relationship, and at the end of season four they agree to begin trying to have a baby.[16] They spend most of season 5 trying to conceive, finally succeeding after a few months.[17] Their baby, Isabella, is born after some complications in "My Best Friend's Baby's Baby and My Baby's Baby".

In the fourth season, Turk is diagnosed with type two diabetes; he initially jokes about this as a way of coping with his fear about the disease, but learns to take it seriously.[18] In the seventh season, Turk has a testicle removed after his daughter, Izzy, kicks him in the groin, causing testicular torsion.[19]

When J.D. leaves Sacred Heart in the eighth season finale, Turk makes a large banner outside the hospital that says "Goodbye J.D.". Though the two realize that their relationship will never be the same, they still remain best friends. In J.D.'s fantasy/flashforward, the Turk family spends a Christmas together with J.D. and Elliot (now married), as well as Dr. Cox's family. It is also revealed that Izzy eventually becomes engaged to J.D.'s son Sam.[25]

Turk begins his career as a surgical intern at Sacred Heart hospital.[26] Along with the other interns, he becomes a resident and eventually, an attending physician. At the end of the eighth season, Dr. Cox, Sacred Heart's new Chief of Medicine, makes Turk the hospital's Chief of Surgery.[27] In the ninth season, Turk becomes a visiting professor of surgery at Winston University, a medical school built on the site of the old Sacred Heart facility, which was torn down.

Percival Ulysses "Perry" Cox, M.D.,[1] is a fictional character played by John C. McGinley on the American television comedy-drama Scrubs. Dr. Cox appeared in every episode except "My Last Words", "My Comedy Show", and "My Full Moon", all in Season 8.

Cox is a sarcastic, cynical, misanthrope and has a quick, cruel wit, normally expressed through frequent and sometimes incredibly long rants. These rants were often handed to McGinley the night before, or on the day of recording.[2] At the beginning of the series, he is the chief attending physician at Sacred Heart Hospital; he is later promoted to residency director and, by the eighth season, to chief of medicine. In the ninth and final season, he becomes a professor when Sacred Heart is turned into a medical school. He is the superior and unwilling mentor of the series' protagonist, John "J.D." Dorian (Zach Braff). He has a "married but not married" relationship with his equally acerbic ex-wife, Jordan Sullivan (Christa Miller), with whom he has a son, Jack, and a daughter, Jennifer Dylan. He treats virtually everyone in the hospital with derision, especially his longtime nemesis, Chief of Medicine Bob Kelso (Ken Jenkins).

According to McGinley in the Season 1 DVD bonus features, Cox's habit of often touching his nose is a homage to Paul Newman's character in The Sting, although Cox also uses it as a sign of irritation on occasion, rather than just a sign signifying "it's going to be OK", as it was used in the film. Dr. Cox has also been compared to Gregory House. This is further explored in "My House", during which Cox acquires a temporary limp. At the end of the episode, through a series of circumstances, Cox walks into the room where the other characters are sitting and in a very House-esque way, gives them the answers to everything they have been trying to figure out through the whole episode.

Cox constantly berates the residents, giving John "J.D." Dorian female nicknames (e.g. "Tiffany", "Jennifer", "Carol", "Betsy", "Lindsey") and regularly calling him "Newbie". He also calls Elliot Reid (Sarah Chalke) "Barbie", Turk (Donald Faison) "Gandhi" and Bob Kelso (Ken Jenkins) "Bob-O", "Bobcat", "Bobmeister", "Big Bob", and "Beelzebob". The one person he openly admits to tolerating is head nurse Carla Espinosa (Judy Reyes). Throughout Season 1, he and Turk compete for her affections, with Cox eventually bowing out when he sees that Turk and Carla are in love. In one episode, it is seen that Cox helped Turk with how to deal with women when they are mad, Turk eventually taking Perry's advice. Turk soon learns that Carla and Cox went on a date before Turk came to the hospital.[13]

Despite his contempt for Turk in early seasons, Cox develops a restrained level of respect for him, and even occasionally gets along with and relates to him. In the Season 6 episode, "My Road To Nowhere", when complications are found with his unborn child he insists that Turk assist with the surgery. Being reluctant at first, he even appoints Turk as the Chief Surgeon of Sacred Heart. Cox makes this decision after being told by Kelso that his own promotions by Kelso were against the latter's personal disdain for Cox, yet Cox's excellent medical knowledge made him the best candidate nonetheless - a feature that Turk shares with Cox.

While Cox has had limited interactions with veteran nurse Laverne Roberts (Aloma Wright), his cynicism drives him to mock her strong religious beliefs on occasion. This culminates in Cox confronting her about a seemingly "miraculous" accident, unwilling to accept it as divine intervention. Visibly upset, Laverne replies that after 24 years as a nurse, she has to believe in a "bigger plan" or she would lose all hope. Taken aback, Cox uncharacteristically apologizes and sincerely replies that he wishes he could also believe that.[15] When she dies in the following episode, he joins the rest of the staff in bidding her farewell and drinking in her honor.[16]

He berates J.D. from their first meeting[17] and emphatically denies being his mentor, despite J.D.'s repeated attempts to win his favor. Nonetheless, Cox has shown concern for J.D.'s welfare, such as telling him not to blame himself for a patient's death[11] and (reluctantly) comforting him when his father dies.[18] He also tells J.D. that he trusts him as a doctor and a person and has taken an interest in him from the start because he seems "to actually give a crap".[19] Cox also recommends him as a promising, skilled, and hard-working doctor to a review board.[20] In "My Finale", Cox finally admits that he considers J.D. a talented doctor, a good person, and a friend, although he has to be tricked into it. He refuses to say this directly to J.D. or to hug him. A flash-forward scene at the end of the episode suggests that Cox will be a part of J.D.'s life well into the future (reluctantly, of course).[21] 59ce067264

https://www.homeoflumiere.com/group/mysite-200-group/discussion/c1866e8c-9a42-4bcf-baed-dd8d5d5b4961

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

bottom of page